[sylpheed:33343] Re: Sylpheed 3.0beta2 released

rhubbell Rhubbell at iHubbell.com
Thu Nov 19 15:52:03 JST 2009

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 18:16:42 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sylpheed 3.0beta2 has been released.
>
> Since this release fixes many important bugs related to
> multi-threading, it is highly recommended for 3.0beta1 users to upgrade
> to this version.
>
> http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/news.html
> http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/download.html#development

Thank you Hiroyuki.

I have been running on OpenBSD 4.6 and have isolated a seg fault.
I haven't checked if this was reported already.

Set this on:

Configuration->Common Preferences->Display->Message->Render HTML messages
as text

Select an HTML msg

[Switching to process 23620, thread 0x84061c00]
0x1c094b03 in gtkut_text_buffer_insert_with_tag_by_name ()

Very reproducible.

But this isn't a big problem for me and the work-around was simple enough.
I just disable that feature.

I've tried so many mailers over the years and always come back to Sylpheed.