[sylpheed:33333] Re: The order of fields when filtering

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at peoplepc.com
Wed Nov 18 02:17:01 JST 2009

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:40:49 -0600
Rich Coe <Richard.Coe at med.ge.com> wrote:

> Sylpheed looks at each rule from the first to last until it gets
> to a rule that matches.  Then it executes the action.
>
> If it doesn't find a match, then it leaves the message in the inbox.

If your explanation is true, and assuming for discussion that we're
talking about the first filter rule(s) in the user's list, then how can
there be errors? While I see many fewer errors than I used to, there
still are some, for example two emails earlier this week from Yahoo.com
and this Sylpheed list that went to my Inbox instead of the appropriate
folders, even though they are first and second in my filter lists (To
contains @yahoo.com, sylpheed, respectively).

Gene