[sylpheed:32963] Re: feature request - master password to protect all account passwords

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Sun May 3 05:07:58 JST 2009

On Sat, 2 May 2009 07:30:51 -0700 (PDT)
stef <stef_204 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The only things I can think of for a) are:
>
> 1) Lock my session if I leave my desk at work; for those whom do not use
> a Desktop Manager (KDE, Gnome, etc.) but only a Window Manager (fluxbox,
> Openbox, etc.) it is a bit complicated.

	Not really - xscreensaver, xlockmore, slock and probably a few
others will do the job for any window manager.

> 2) Protect the .sylpheed-2.0/accountrc file with proper permissions:
>
> Mine is:
> % ls -l .sylpheed-2.0/accountrc
> -rw------- 1 stef stef 10641 2009-05-01 00:09 .sylpheed-2.0/accountrc
>
> But the above doesn't help with anyone gaining access as "myself" when my
> box is running but I am away from my desk.

	Indeed but locking your screen or logging out should achieve that
unless of course there are others with root access to the box or who know
your password.

C:>WIN                                      | A better way to focus the sun