[sylpheed:32823] Re: test

Pavlos Parissis p_pavlos at freemail.gr
Mon Jan 12 09:03:57 JST 2009

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 17:40:39 -0600
Jerry Jorgenson <jerry at j3iss.com> wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2009, at 17:37, Pavlos Parissis wrote:
>
> > just testing because I sent a mail few days ago which hasn't arrived
> > on my mailbox yet
> >

> This mail arrived on the 7th: [sylpheed:32820]  Error on deleting with
> Gmail IMAP
>
> My guess is that you didn't receive a copy because your ISP saw that
> it was a duplicate and deleted it. G-mail is famous for this, but
> others do it too.
>
> Note: I'm not a moderator nor am I involved with this list management
> in any way.

Well my setup is like this, I use SMTP/IMAP from gmail but with Sender mail address (p_pavlos at freemail dot gr ) which is not a gmail mail. But, this mail address has been added to the gmail account as a default address.

Now here the tricky thing, the mailing list will send the mail to p_pavlos at freemail dot gr, this mail is actual a forwarder  which forwards any mail to my gmail account. Then I use IMAP to get all mails, gmail and freemail dot gr mails.

If I send a mail using my freemail dot gr SMTP I receive the mail form the list, the problem is when I send the mail using
the GMAIL SMTP.

I have that issue with other mailing lists (debian user), so I don't think the problem is related to this mailing list.

Cheers,
Pavlos