[sylpheed:32865] Problems using LDAP

Robert S robert.spam.me.senseless at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 18:02:27 JST 2009

I have recently set up gcaldaemon (http://gcaldaemon.sourceforge.net) to
make my gmail accessible through an LDAP server.  It works well with
Thunderbird and OE.

I've run into a few problems using sylpheed:

If I leave the "Search base" field in the LDAP options clear, the LDAP
server does not get added to the list of LDAP servers.  I've worked around
this by entering anything in the field, saving it then editing the file
.sylpheed-2.0/addrbook--index.xml and deleting the text - ie:

<server name="MyServer" host="basement" port="9080" base-dn="" bind-dn=""
bind-pass="" criteria="(&amp;(mail=*)(cn=%s*))" max-entry="20" timeout="30"
/>

I'm not convinced that this is searching the email addresses - what is the
correct string to put in the base-dn field?

The other problem is that when I do a search nothing shows up in the "Name
field".  It does when I use other mail clients.

Look forward to a reply.