[sylpheed:33394] Re: Vol 40 Issue 6

MK halfcountplus at intergate.com
Mon Dec 7 22:16:54 JST 2009

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 16:14:07 +0900
TAKAHASHI Tamotsu (???) <ttakah at gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm going to try compiling a 2.x version of Sylpheed to see if the
>issue is with Sylpheed 3.x or some change in Ubuntu 9.10.

Well, I hope you have better luck than I did then.  It would seem some people here have done this on 9.10, I don't know why it wouldn't work for me.  I added -g to CPPFLAGS and compiled, the fault (when you press "Compose") is here:

Reading symbols from /usr/local/bin/sylpheed...done.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/sylpheed

0x00538f3e in g_main_context_prepare () from /lib/libglib-2.0.so.0

That's the 2.7.1 source configured with no options (besides --with-gnu-ld) on ubuntu 9.10-32.

I guess I am out of luck on this one unless I want to get to know the code better ;)

--MK <halfcountplus at intergate.com>