[sylpheed:33154] Re: Two requests

Onur Küçük onur at delipenguen.net
Sat Aug 29 17:10:37 JST 2009

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 09:43:01 -0600
Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at peoplepc.com> wrote:

> When Sylpheed opens, it goes to the first bolded message in the
> Inbox, read or unread, removing its bolded status.  In my case, that
> item is well up the list, which is kept in chronological order, most
> recent at the end.  I would prefer - and request consideration of -
> the following:

 I also would like to have the following options, it is quite annoying
everytime entering a folder the focused message is opened (and marked as
read) and the alternative is to open in new window only

> 1) Open to the last bolded message in the list;
> 2) Leave the message it opens to in the same status, i.e., bolded (or
> unbolded)

 I am patching Sylpheed to gain the second behaviour for some time,
patch is attached. Though not to break the current behaviour it should
become an option I guess. If I find time I'll look into this but I am
quite busy these days.

--
 Onur Küçük                                      Knowledge speaks,
 <onur.--.-.delipenguen.net>                     but wisdom listens