[sylpheed:33148] Re: Two requests

Bob White bob at bob-white.com
Sat Aug 29 08:12:38 JST 2009

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 13:51:18 -0600
Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at peoplepc.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 07:42:28 +1200
> John Rye <jrt746 at clear.net.nz> wrote:
>
> > ahh forgot again - Windows version :-((
> >
> > To check on various behaviours - send copies to yourself :-) Old
> > testers' trick.
>
> One better, I get all my posts from the list and they look perfectly
> normal. I just counted the longest line from one of my posts and it's
> exactly 72 spaces.  Could the problem be on your end?
>
> Color coding is an organizing method; it begs the issue of Sylpheed's
> focus.
>
> Gene

Quote from first message in thread:
> 1) Open to the last bolded message in the list;

Hi Gene,

Your line lengths seem to be OK now that you have changed your
preferences.  Previously a paragraph was one line.

If you really want to read the last bolded message, the simplest way
would be to sort in reverse chronological order so that the latest
message was on top.  I'm not sure, but I suspect you really want to read
the first message you haven't read in chronological order.  I have one
question though.  Why do you want to mark a message you've read as
unread?  I'm just curious as to what value you get from it, not
criticizing the desire to do so.  (I want to learn something.)

Regarding Peter Kovar's suggestion to set "mark messages as read only
when they are opened in a new window actually does part of what you
want in that you can still click on a message, read it, and the unread
bit is not changed.  The message is only marked as read (unbolded) if
you double click on the message so that it is opened in a new window.

Bob W.