[sylpheed:33147] feature request - possibility to break Message-Id when changing subject

Cristian Secară orice at secarica.ro
Sat Aug 29 07:41:36 JST 2009

If speaking about feature requests ... from time to time, in discussion
lists, when a topic goes very long and the discussion tends to become
offtopic, the best thing is to change the subject and open a new thread.

The problem now is that clicking "reply" and simply changing the subject
is not enough from the thread ID point of view (the new subject will be
still nested in the old thread).

What is desired is, if the subject is changed, the new Message-Id should
change too so that the message be identified as a new one.
I've been told that Balsa has something implemented in that sense,
triggered if the new subject is significantly different than the old
one (if I understand correctly).

Is it possible to have something like this in Sylpheed ?
At present I have to create a new message and copy there the recipient
address, the subject (totally new or modified based on the old one) and
the whole message body.

Thank you in either case :)
Cristi

--