[sylpheed:33138] Re: Two requests

John Rye jrt746 at clear.net.nz
Sat Aug 29 02:15:20 JST 2009

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 11:00:40 -0600
Gene Goldenfeld wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 04:39:14 +1200
> John Rye <jrt746 at clear.net.nz> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 10:23:52 -0600
> > Gene Goldenfeld wrote:

> > I'm running Linux version so I'm not sure if this will help.
> >
> > Open -> Common Preferences -> Details
> >
> > The Interface tab has a bunch of options, I have behaviour similar to what
> > I think you are looking for by having NO checkmarks other than in the
> > "Execute moves" option.
> >
> > Give that a try
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't make a difference.  I did leave "open
> Inbox on startup" checked, since that's where I like to start.
>
> So, are you saying that when you start Sylpheed or run Get All, it doesn't
> focus on the top bolded message in the list, e.g., in the Inbox?  Could
> the order of sorting be involved?  Mine is chronological by date, latest
> at the bottom.

I assume by "bolded"  that you refer to the first unread message?

In my case if I open Sylpheed it defaults to the "Mailbox (MH)", I then
select the folder by means of the red coloured folder name which indicates
new mail. The prompt then goes to the first unread message either new or
previously read. To get around the situation where I have a number of
messages marked as unread I use the dropmenu adjacent the 'search' field
above the message pane to select "Last 5 days".

Also could you set your line length to about 72 characters for the
list? :-)

John NZ