[sylpheed:33123] Re: My personal view about the future of Sylpheed.

Marc Finet m.dreadlock at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 05:02:05 JST 2009

The Tue, 18 Aug 2009 12:57:12 +0200, Antonio Ospite
<ospite at studenti.unina.it> wrote

> - Mail filtering rules could be grouped, so we can change filter
>   processing order more easily, let's say I want to have a "Mailing
>   lists" filters group processed BEFORE the "Personal mails" filters
>   group, that's how I basically filter mails, but maybe you can
>   suggest that this is not a good idea, I am curios about how you
> use the filter functionality.
One small piece of input regarding the filtering setup. One great
feature could be in the "Filter Setting" panel to add button to
'apply on current folder' (with recursivity enabled or not) and why
not 'apply to all folders'. The idea behind this is that when you add
a filter you want to try it asap and it's quite 'boring' to go to
Tools->Filter all messages in folder then to Configuration->Filter
settings etc.
Other nice-to-have could be 'try filter' to show what would be done
(especially to see wether newly entered filter works as expected) or
at least a recap (mails moved to given folder) of what has been done
during filter application.
I must admit that i use filters mainly to move them to correct
folder but just saying which filter rule has been applied to each
mail could be very interesting.

Best regards,

Marc Finet.