[sylpheed:33119] Re: My personal view about the future of Sylpheed.

Nairolf Relsserp airflow.2010 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 22:00:51 JST 2009

Antonio Ospite wrote:

> The question is: how do I imagine Sylpheed 2.8?
> Forgive the selfish post, it's just to start up some discussion.

Hello Antonio and all others,

well I just will add my 2c...

I really like Sylpheed and the way it works and looks. But I had an epiphany regarding how messaging-systems in general should work, like mailclients or be it the SMS-application on your phone.

Putting sent mail into a folder named "Sent Mail" and keeping it separated from the mail you are answering is not very intuitive and not a very logical way to do. I used this system for myself for the last fifteen years, but in the meanwhile I think that's not a good idea. Keeping mail-conversations as "threads", which can be moved as a whole between the folders is much better.

I don't know how much work it would be to offer at least an option to store mails like that, but I guess it could be doable. Sylpheed already has mail-threads implemented, it's just the question where a sent mail is put in the first place.

Best Regards,
Florian Pressler

--
Homepage: http://fp.ath.cx/                         PGP-keyID: C9FEDBA2