[sylpheed:32923] Re: Undo/redo functionality

Petr Kovar pknbe at volny.cz
Sun Apr 5 01:43:25 JST 2009

Petr Kovar <pknbe at volny.cz>, Sat, 4 Apr 2009 18:26:16 +0200:

> Hi!
>
> For a longer time, I've seemed to have some difficulties with
> understanding how the Sylphed undo/redo functionality actually works. Or
> whether rather unpredictable program behavior relates somehow to the
> operating system being used (encountered on Windows XP here, primarily).
>
> So, when I'm composing quite a long message with lots of editing and -
> now this is important - cut and/or paste a portion of text, then execute
> the undo/redo command, Sylpheed starts to behave way too long from what
> the user might expect, that is, it doesn't remove or re-add the text as
> intended, rather it wrongly modify the text of the message here and there,
> regardless of the cursor position, or the text selected, or it does
> nothing at all. Now, if I execute the said commands like for four or five
> times consecutively, Sylpheed crashes.

A relevant content I dug from the sylpheed.log file follows:

[18:33:19] ** Sylpheed-WARNING: This should not happen. UNDO_REPLACE_DELETE
[18:33:19] ** Sylpheed-CRITICAL: undo_undo: assertion `undoinfo->action ==
UNDO_ACTION_REPLACE_DELETE' failed [18:33:29] ** Sylpheed-WARNING: This
should not happen. Redo: UNDO_REPLACE_INSERT

Any thoughts?

Petr Kovar