[sylpheed:32603] Re: Notification on new mail arrival

Godwin Stewart gstewart at bonivet.net
Mon Sep 1 21:36:49 JST 2008

On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 14:20:41 +0200, Cecca <cecca67 at gmail.com> wrote:

> "light and fast" but I miss few things from Thunderbird (my usual mail
> client): notifications and return receipt....

Notifications are easy to set up.

Configuration > Common preferences > "Receive" tab

In the Italian version that's:

Configurazione > Preferenze comuni > Ricevi

"Esegui il comando quando arrivano nuovi messaggi"

Requesting return receipts is poor netiquette. If your communication is so
important that you want to make sure the recipient gets it then don't use
e-mail in the first place, send it through the mail with recorded delivery.

Quite a few people refuse to send return receipts anyway since they're an
easy way for spammers to know that a message has been delivered and to
confirm the validity of an e-mail address.

G. Stewart - gstewart at bonivet.net

A grammarian's life is always intense.