[sylpheed:32667] Re: line wrapping

Dennis Nezic dennisn at dennisn.dyndns.org
Sun Oct 5 07:17:29 JST 2008

> On Sat, 4 Oct 2008 15:43:44 -0600,
> Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at peoplepc.com> wrote:
>
> Sylpheed is using a character setup (or whatever it's called) that
> creates line breaks after a number of common symbols.  That means users
> have to do a fair of amount of on-the-fly reformatting. There hasn't
> been discussion about it for quite awhile. Hiro and perhaps some of
> Sylpheed's users prefer it this way over the alternatives.

There shouldn't be any breaking though :|. I mean, if I was able to
break the word, I would have already done it myself. My particular
problem is with freenet keys. They are very long, and contain
characters such as commas, percent signs, dashes, slashes, etc.
Incidentally, they are prefixed with one of CHK@ USK@ or SSK@, and,
actually, sylpheed currently misreads them as email addresses, but only
up to the first comma.

I think simply leaving long words un-broken is a lot simpler and better
than creating new rules for freenet keys.