[sylpheed:32666] Re: line wrapping

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at peoplepc.com
Sun Oct 5 06:43:44 JST 2008

Dennis Nezic <dennisn at dennisn.dyndns.org> wrote:

> > On Sat, 4 Oct 2008 15:01:02 -0600,
> > Bob White <bob at bob-white.com> wrote:
> >
> > When I send long url's, Sylpheed breaks the line, but doesn't break the
> > url.  I just checked this by sending a long url from one account to
> > another.  I think it's other mail programs that do the breaking.
>
> Hrm. You're right :). BUT, it does break long words that contain the
> percent '%' character. But not if these words are prefaced by www. or
> http://

Sylpheed is using a character setup (or whatever it's called) that
creates line breaks after a number of common symbols.  That means users
have to do a fair of amount of on-the-fly reformatting. There hasn't
been discussion about it for quite awhile. Hiro and perhaps some of
Sylpheed's users prefer it this way over the alternatives.

Gene