[sylpheed:32159] Need some help with a filter

David Depardoux david.depardoux at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 02:03:44 JST 2008

Hi,

I have to two accounts with the following mailbox structure:

Account_1 (mail at account_1.com)
- Inbox
  - Important
- ...

Account_2 (mail at account_2.com)
- Inbox
  - Important
- ...

All mails from mail at important.com should be moved to Inbox - Important.

So I thought I should create these two filters:

Filter_1 (for Account_1):
- If all of the following conditions match:
  - From contains: mail at important.com
  - To or CC contains: mail at account_1.com
- Perform the following actions:
  - Move to #mh/Account_1/inbox/important

Filter_2 (for Account_2):
- If all of the following conditions match:
  - From contains: mail at important.com
  - To or CC contains: mail at account_2.com
- Perform the following actions:
  - Move to #mh/Account_2/inbox/important

Now my problem:

Let's assume that mail at important.com sends an e-mail to some at one.com with CC to mail at account_1.com and mail at account_2.com.

Filter_1 would now move this e-mail from #mh/Account_1/inbox/ and from #mh/Account_2/inbox/ to #mh/Account_1/inbox/important.

But Filter_1 should only move the e-mail in #mh/Account_1/inbox/ to #mh/Account_1/inbox/important.

So Filter_1 should not do anything with #mh/Account_2/inbox/

How can I achieve this?

--
Regards,
David Depardoux