[sylpheed:32517] Re: Default browser not recognized

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at peoplepc.com
Sun Jul 20 12:30:35 JST 2008

Robert Wolfe <robert.wolfe at voyager.net> wrote:

> Gene Goldenfeld wrote:
> > To ask my question a different way, how does Sylpheed recognize what
> > the default browser is?
>

> Under Windows, it uses whatever is set up as the default browser in Windows.

The question is, where in Windows is it set up?  In earlier versions
of Opera, I set the prefs for default browser and to "(Default
Browser)" in Sylpheed's External Commands, and that was that.
Control Panel > Internet Options tells if IE is the default or not, and
lets you choose it, but not others directly.

So, any Opera 9.51 users out there that can tell me what they've got in
Sylpheed's Configuration -> Common preferences -> Details -> External
commands?

Frank, that Linux command line, at least in that syntax with opera
inserted, unfortunately doesn't work.  Perhaps there's a variant that
does.

Gene Goldenfeld