[sylpheed:32516] Re: Default browser not recognized

Frank Elsner Frank.Elsner at TU-Berlin.DE
Sat Jul 19 23:21:41 JST 2008

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 09:58:57 -0400 Robert Wolfe wrote:
> Gene Goldenfeld wrote:
> > To ask my question a different way, how does Sylpheed recognize what
> > the default browser is?
> >
> > Gene
> >

> > Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at peoplepc.com> wrote:
> >

> >> I'd been using Opera 9.27 as my default browser and just updated to
> >> 9.51.  Since then, link from Sylpheed (2.5.0rc/Win32) are opening IE7
> >> instead of Opera. Opera is set as the default browser within its
> >> preferences, IE is set as not the default (in Tools), and Sylpheed
> >> still shows "(Default browser)" in Common Prefs > Details.  What am
> >> I missing?  Thanks.
> >>
> >> Gene Goldenfeld
> >>

> Under Windows, it uses whatever is set up as the default browser in Windows.

With Linux/Unix it's defined in
Configuration -> Common preferences -> Details -> External commands

I've
firefox -remote "openurl(%s,new-window)"
in the Web browser definition

--Frank Elsner