[sylpheed:32049] Re: Feature request: address field autocomplete

Gianmarco Giovannelli misc at gimbo.org
Thu Jan 24 04:21:28 JST 2008

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:30:15 +0200
Vladi Belperchinov-Shabanski <cade at datamax.bg> wrote:

> this can be external tool or additional tool to the address book.
> harvest addresses (from a folder) and put them into separate address book.
> then you can check, delete, whatever you want with this book.
> this way nothing changes inside sylpheed autocomplete function.

I really prefer an internal option. All the MUA today do it (Outlook, Eudora, ThuderBird, etc etc). It si very handy thing to have. If someone prefer to have it disabled let's implement as an option but please let's us have it :-)

About the AddressBook I agree that the one we have is very basic, but I think it can be expanded quite easily (at least what we need are only more text fields and links :-)

--
Gianmarco Giovannelli <misc at gimbo.org>