[sylpheed:32047] Re: Feature request: address field autocomplete

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Jan 22 19:02:16 JST 2008

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 01:21:09 +0200
Cristian Secară <orice at secarica.ro> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:28:55 +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:
>
> > Please, make this feature an option. I have to use a MUA at work
> > that has that "feature" and i hate it. It simply does not work
> > for people like me who's mail consist of 99.9% of mailinglist
> > traffic.
>
> I agree with the option checkbox for any automating-something, but I
> don't understand what has this to do with mailing lists (in neither
> sense).

Oh, it's simple. Usualy this feature is implemented by looking
at the To: and From: fields of send resp. received mails. Now
if you receive/send a lot of mails from/to mailing lists, you'll
polute the "database" with email adresses you'll probably never
send private mails to.

			Attila Kinali
                         -- Deed of Morred