[sylpheed:32038] Re: Alert when receiving new mail?

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 06:28:56 JST 2008

On 1/16/08, wwp <subscript at free.fr> wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:00:57 -0500 "Michael B Allen" <ioplex at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm trying to figure out the best way to alert me when new mail is
> > received. I tried the 'Execute command when new messages arrived'
> > option but it executes every time new mail is checked. I assume this
> > is because of spam. Is there a way to restrict the command to a
> > specific folder or based on some criteria?
>
> You can call a script for this, it could make use of sylpheed's
> --status or --status-full [folder] (see --help) to watch a specific
> folder and only raise an alert (sound, OSD, dialog, whatever) upon new
> messages.

I've noticed something odd. With 'Auto-check new mail', it seems new
messages do not always get flagged as 'new'. Sometimes they are
flagged 'unread'. I have not been able to pinpoint exactly why yet but
the pattern seems to be if the mailbox is selected when the message is
received it is not flagged as 'unread' instead of 'new'.

Mike

--
Michael B Allen
PHP Active Directory SPNEGO SSO