[sylpheed:32034] Re: Alert when receiving new mail?

Oliver Meißner-Knippschild lists.o at la-familia-grande.de
Thu Jan 17 01:16:10 JST 2008

wwp wrote on Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:10:46 +0100:
>Hello Michael,
>

>On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:00:57 -0500 "Michael B Allen"
><ioplex at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to figure out the best way to alert me when new mail is
>> received. I tried the 'Execute command when new messages arrived'
>> option but it executes every time new mail is checked. I assume this
>> is because of spam. Is there a way to restrict the command to a
>> specific folder or based on some criteria?
>
>You can call a script for this, it could make use of sylpheed's
>--status or --status-full [folder] (see --help) to watch a specific
>folder and only raise an alert (sound, OSD, dialog, whatever) upon new
>messages.

In reference to the thread "Feature request: rfc2177 IMAP-IDLE" I can
imagine, that sylpheed causes an event ('Execute command when new
messages arrived') after receiving an IMAP-IDLE with the foldername and
number of [new|total|unread] messages, so any (kde-) user could
implement a script which causes knotify to show a message on screen
if the foldername ! = <spam>

Best regards,
Oliver Meißner-Knippschild <lists.o at la-familia-grande.de>