[sylpheed:32065] sylpheed POP3 to sylpheed IMAP

mailing - effem mailing at thecmanet.com
Mon Feb 4 19:41:24 JST 2008

Hi!
It's the first time that I write in list... and I'm sorry because this
first time I've a problem very urgent....

I'm using Sylpheed from long time, but I'm using it with POP3.
Now, I'd like to use dovecot (installed on my debian server) as imap
server. I know Sylpheed works fine also with IMAP, but the problem
is... how can I move my old emails from POP3 management to IMAP?

Dovecot IMAP server save emails into directory structure like:

- cur
- new

and if I have:

- dir1
  - dir2

I have:

dir1
  cur
  new
dir1.dir2
  cur
  new

The email on IMAP server has a "strange" name.... like
   1201971580.Vfe03I400009cM364298.yen:2,S
where "yen" is the name of server

Now, sylpheed save namefile  mail like: 1, 2, 3, 4...

So I think that it's necessary something that convert my email name
and directory structure in something like this....

Thanks a lot for any hints....

Francesco