[sylpheed:32239] Re: Sylpheed 2.5.0beta3 released

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Fri Apr 25 21:10:15 JST 2008

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 12:25:06 +0100, Godwin Stewart
<gstewart at bonivet.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 14:20:53 +0300, Cristian Secară
> <orice at secarica.ro> wrote:
>
> > How can I use this on Asus Eee PC (Xandros) ? Due to the limited
> > solid state storage there is no compiler available there.
>
> Can you not compile on another Linux box, link statically and strip
> the binary?

Statically linking isn't supported when using GTK. Applications using
GTK must always be linked dynamically against GTK.

Cristian, there is probably a SDK for Xandros available to
cross-compile applications for the system on the Eee PC.
And/or ask the Xandros support or community for help on cross-compiling
for the system of the device, then cross-compile Sylpheed on your
system and copy the binary to the device.

Regards,
Enrico