[sylpheed:31761] Re: Odd attachment problem

Bruce Bowler bbowler at bigelow.org
Wed Sep 26 21:10:39 JST 2007

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:44:05 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:15:01 -0400
> Bruce Bowler <bbowler at bigelow.org> wrote:
>
> > Sylpheed 2.4.6 on FC6
> >
> > I received a message that has an attachment (one of many
> > attachments) that's identified with a mime type of text/plain, with
> > a filename of file.txt (how original :-).
> >
> > When I right click on that attachment, the "view as text" option is
> > greyed out.  Shouldn't it be an available option, especially when
> > sylpheed should know it's text???
>
> The file is already displayed as text, so it's meaningless to enable
> the option.

I disagree.

First, even if it's already displayed as text, it's harmless to let me
do it from the attachment tab.

Second, if there are multiple attachments, which are hundreds, or
thousands of lines long, and I want to look at one on the middle of the
list of attachments, it's significantly easier to use the attachment
tab than it is to scroll through the text window, hoping I don't skip
over the bit that I want to look at.

Please consider adding this back in.

Bruce

PS. Where is the decision made in the code to grey out the "view as
text", so I can "fix" it on my system :-)