[sylpheed:31751] Re: Feature request: Sent mail into current folder

David Depardoux david.depardoux at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 04:20:59 JST 2007

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 13:32:07 +0200
Frank Elsner <Frank.Elsner at TU-Berlin.DE> wrote:

> I miss the possibility to have sent mail put to the current folder.
>
> Currently I have to move it from the Sent folder to the folder where the
> replied mail resides to keep the thread complete.
>
> Any chance to have it?

My (dirty) workaround so far:

1. Select your mailbox in the folder pane
2. Edit - Search Messages
3. Search option: Size is larger than 0 KB; Folder: #mh/my_mailbox; search subfolders selected
4. Click "Save as search folder" (e.g. name it "All Mail")

Now you have all your mails (received and sent ones) in one folder (the search folder) so that threads should be completely displayed.

One (the only?) disadvantage is that if you have a large number of mails, searching might take a while.

--
Regards,
David Depardoux