[sylpheed:31669] Re: aspell errors on compiling 2.4.5

Bob White bob at bob-white.com
Thu Sep 6 01:21:01 JST 2007

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 17:04:02 +0100
Geoff <capsthorne at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 09:53:22 -0600
> Bob White <bob at bob-white.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > The development packages have the header files needed for
> > compiling. The undefined's seem to indicate that the
> > aspell development package was not installed.
>
> Many thanks for a swift reply Bob.
>
> I will assume (unless you tell me otherwise), that this goes
> beyond the aspell.h and gtkspell.h which I know to be
> installed then.  The Arch repository does not seem to offer
> development versions of applications. I guess
> I will have install and compile aspell and gtkspell as I
> used to.
>
> Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I'm not really an expert on how the compiling process works.  It's just
that when I find those kinds of errors, I usually get them to go away
by installing the development packages.  The header files are what's
needed I think, so if they are there it could be that the compiler is
looking in the wrong place.  I switched to Ubuntu a while back and it
took me a few tries to get Sylpheed to compile from sources.

Bob W.