[sylpheed:31816] Re: Irregular hangs, after enabling certificates

Celejar celejar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 05:09:00 JST 2007

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 13:35:24 -0300
John Coppens <john at jcoppens.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 12:04:16 -0400
> Celejar <celejar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I use Sylpheed with Gmail POP without any errors.  What Thawte
> > certificates are you referring to?  I don't recall installing any.
> > Which Sylpheed menu option does this?
>
> On startup, when connecting for the first time with gmail.com, sylpheed
> shows a dialog to confirm if you want to continue. After confirming, you
> can then check mail without problem till the next time you run sylpheed.

Could be, I don't recall whether I ever had to do this.  I certainly
haven't had to do it for quite some time.

> If you want to avoid the initial dialog, you can follow the procedure
> documented on this page:
>
> http://www.melvilletheatre.com/articles/sylpheed-gmail/index.html
>
> It is possible that your distribution installed these certificates
> automatically, but someone installing sylpheed will need them.

I've read the page.  I have no ~/.sylpheed-2.0/certs directory at all.
I'm running Debian Sid:

$ aptitude search certificates
i   ca-certificates                 - Common CA Certificates PEM files

$ aptitude show ca-certificates
Package: ca-certificates
State: installed
Automatically installed: yes
Version: 20070303
 It includes the followings PEM files of CA certificates

 * spi-inc.org certificate
 * db.debian.org certificate
 * debconf.org certificate
 * Mozilla builtin CA certificates
 * CACert.org certificates
 * Brazilian Government Certificate
 * Signet CA certificates
 * QuoVadis CA certificates

[...]

I can't find anything on the system having to do with Thawte or Equifax.

> On the other hand, now gmail.com is acting up completely, and I had to
> disable the account, as sylpheed hangs (at the same point) just on
> connection.

Working fine here.

> John

Celejar