[sylpheed:31814] Re: Irregular hangs, after enabling certificates

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Wed Oct 10 01:35:24 JST 2007

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 12:04:16 -0400
Celejar <celejar at gmail.com> wrote:

> I use Sylpheed with Gmail POP without any errors.  What Thawte
> certificates are you referring to?  I don't recall installing any.
> Which Sylpheed menu option does this?

On startup, when connecting for the first time with gmail.com, sylpheed
shows a dialog to confirm if you want to continue. After confirming, you
can then check mail without problem till the next time you run sylpheed.

If you want to avoid the initial dialog, you can follow the procedure
documented on this page:

http://www.melvilletheatre.com/articles/sylpheed-gmail/index.html

It is possible that your distribution installed these certificates
automatically, but someone installing sylpheed will need them.

On the other hand, now gmail.com is acting up completely, and I had to
disable the account, as sylpheed hangs (at the same point) just on
connection.

John