[sylpheed:31941] Re: bug with Rebuild Folder Tree

John Gateley sylpheed at jfoo.net
Fri Nov 30 23:48:23 JST 2007

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 09:31:55 -0600
John Gateley <sylpheed at jfoo.net> wrote:

> I'm using Sylpheed from work, and Firefox at home (Mac, I haven't
> got Sylpheed compiled on it yet). When I first get in to work,
> messages that I deleted at home show up with an "x", since Sylpheed
> doesn't know they were deleted.
>
> I then rebuild the folder tree. But when I visit another folder in
> the tree for the first time, the "x" messages are still there.
> If I switch to a different folder and then back, they are gone.
>
> I think Sylpheed does not know that the cache is invalidated for
> a folder by "Rebuild Folder Tree".

More info: I don't think this is a bug with Rebuild Folder Tree
after all. Rebuild Folder Tree USED TO fix folders that had
messages in the cache that weren't on the server. It looks like
it no longer does that, and instead just rebuilds the folder
tree.

Instead, any time I see messages with an "x", I just click on
a different folder, then back again, and the cache is properly
refreshed.

So, it's not a bug, just user error.

Thanks,