[sylpheed:31933] Re: SSL certificate verify failed [SUCCESS]

stef stef_204 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 09:53:51 JST 2007

Yes Petr,
Because not only I have followed the procedure in the Read-Me file using NotePad++ and EditPlus, both of which are win32 tet editors capable of recognizing and writing in UNIX formatted text file (LF, etc.); I aslo tried it using Cygwin with Casco's help--and same result on both procedure.
Error message that "Certificate is self-signed"

"The SSL certificate of mail.......com cannot be verified by the following reason:
  self signed certificate"

Perhaps Hiro might be able to fix this issue when he addresses the overall SSL cert caching?

Petr Kovar <pknbe at volny.cz> wrote: stef , Sun, 25 Nov 2007 16:00:17 -0800 (PST):

> I should point out that the error message I am getting is related to the
> fact that the SSL certs are SELF-SIGNED. Perhaps, the appending procedure
> to certs.crt is not designed to resolve that, in any event? Anyone?

It surely is, because following the procedure described in README-win32.txt
simply worked for me (using the appropriate Windows text editor). So I have
no idea why you are still getting the error message.

Petr Kovar