[sylpheed:31917] Temp file with /home mounted by smbfs

Jacques Bon jbon at cafcom.net
Tue Nov 20 02:56:09 JST 2007

Hello,

I use Sylpheed for few years and really like it.

BTW I have a problem with it at work. We are on a linux/windows lan,
with a samba server. Homes are on the server, mounted on linux client by
pam_mount with a fmask=644 and dmask=755.

Under Linux (Ubuntu, but same pb with Slackware) Sylpheeds launches
well, but can't display the body of the messages, and complains about
beeing unable to create a temporary file. I tried to enlarge file
permissions to 777 on the pam_mount.conf with the same result.

When mounting the /home by NFS, I don't have this problem, so
it's /home related and not /tmp i.e. (which is 777). I'd like to know
what and where is this temp file that is needed, and what permissions
does it need.

Thanks for your help

--
Jacques Bon