[sylpheed:31353] Re: locked while automatically downloading new messages

Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez rnsanchez at wait4.org
Sat May 26 15:59:37 JST 2007

On Sat, 26 May 2007 09:27:33 +0300
Doruk Fisek <dfisek at fisek.com.tr> wrote:

> I am only locked when "sending" a message, not receiving.

Me too, but that wasn't the case.

> Sometimes Sylpheed access the disk a lot (to update index), especially
> when disk is near full and if your disk drive's relatively slow (and
> ide), you may be mistaking intense disk access with lockup?

I have an IDE disk (WD1200JB), but it's pretty damn fast.  Anyway, not
Sylpheed nor any other app was making intense use of the disk, so I believe
this wasn't the case either.

My past experiences with heavy disk I/O always included UI hiccups.  As I
said, I could do click everywhere, but only the file dialog really worked,
and refused to either attach something or cancel itself.  The stop button was
clickable, but didn't do anything.

Every other app continued to work, only Sylpheed was misbehaving.

Regards.

Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez                   rnsanchez at wait4.org