[sylpheed:31337] Re: [libsylph] How to get a detail (body, headers, etc) of a message

Massimiliano Calamelli mcalamelli at gmail.com
Tue May 22 16:46:07 JST 2007

On Tue, 22 May 2007 15:35:00 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> You can get header information with the following functions:
>
> GSList *procheader_get_header_list_from_file    (const gchar    *file);
> GSList *procheader_get_header_list              (FILE           *fp);
> GSList *procheader_get_header_list_from_msginfo (MsgInfo        *msginfo);
>
> GPtrArray *procheader_get_header_array          (FILE           *fp,
>                                                  const gchar    *encoding);
> GPtrArray *procheader_get_header_array_asis     (FILE           *fp,
>                                                  const gchar    *encoding);
> GPtrArray *procheader_get_header_array_for_display
>                                                 (FILE           *fp,
>                                                  const gchar    *encoding);
>
> and message body with:
>
> FILE *procmime_get_text_content         (MimeInfo       *mimeinfo,
>                                          FILE           *infp,
>                                          const gchar    *encoding);
> FILE *procmime_get_first_text_content   (MsgInfo        *msginfo,
>                                          const gchar    *encoding);
>
> (MimeInfo can be obtained with procmime_scan_message())

Ok, i start playing with your info!

> Sorry for the Japanese-only documents (in doc directory). I (or
> someone?) will translate it to English in the future.

No pb :)

> The rc dir can be configurable with set_rc_dir("somedir") after
> syl_init(). But syl_init() taking some parameters might also be good.

Very good! Last night i've read your code (and now i'm very tired,
damn...), and i've found three sylpheed-related defines, RC_DIR,
OLD_RC_DIR and COMMON_RC (all in defs.h). My idea (it needs to be
tested): adding a param to syl_init(), that represents the app prefix,
and use it to build RC_DIR, OLD_RC_DIR and COMMON_RC defines.
I start coding with this in mind, when i've some good code i send you a
patch, in order to check it.

Another question. You have released libsylph under LGPL, and my email
client will be released under BSD: there's a problem, or can I do this?

Thanks

Massmiliano
- --
Massimiliano Calamelli