[sylpheed:31295] Re: PGP/MIME-signing breaks sig delimiter

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sat May 12 04:07:37 JST 2007

On 11/05/07, Godwin Stewart wrote:

> Personally, I'd be all for not stripping EOL whitespace at all.

Right.

> In the
> interim, there's the "brute force" kludge provided by my patch (against
> sylpheed-2.4.1, incidentally) that restores a correct .sig delimiter in
> signed messages.

But it doesn't fix the code completely. As long as Sylpheed strips off
whitespace of other lines, it alters the original message body and
invalidates other forms of message content. For example, inlined
unified diffs which contain lines with whitespace at the end.

> Speaking of which... It looks like the listserv is doing something to
> the mails it's redistributing.

Wouldn't be the first time that mailman damages signed messages.