[sylpheed:31286] Re: PGP/MIME-signing breaks sig delimiter

Godwin Stewart gstewart at bonivet.net
Sat May 12 01:06:28 JST 2007

On Fri, 11 May 2007 17:04:37 +0300, Cristian Secară <orice at secarica.ro>
wrote:

> I suppose that this is related to the quoted printable encoding.
> The bug you mention only appears when an 8-bit encoding is used
> for message body (like ISO-8859-x).
> The bug does not appear if the message body is encoded as UTF-8.

My experience differs.

Here, the problem shows regardless of the character encoding used
(us-ascii, ISO-8859-15 and UTF-8) and regardless of whether 8-bit
characters are included as is or in quoted-printable.

Thanks to Michael for pointing me in the right direction.

The attached patch makes libsylph chomp whitespace off the end of all
lines *except* the .sig delimiter.

G. Stewart - gstewart at bonivet.net

There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly
what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and
inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.