[sylpheed:31276] Re: address book feature suggests

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at highstream.net
Thu May 10 05:04:12 JST 2007

Eike Nicklas <stufam at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>first of all: Thanks a lot for Sylpheed, it is a great email client!
>
>I just thought of some new features regarding the address book:
>
>* adding new address automatically to the address book on sending:
>I would appreciate an option that does the following: When sending an
>email to an address that is not in the address book yet, Sylpheed
>recognized this and automatically opens the "Add new person"-dialog.
>This way it is easy to keep the address book up-to-date.

I was going to agree with you, but just discovered it pretty much
does do this already. Right click on the address and choose
Address Book. That puts you one step away.

Along the same vein, what I would appreciate is the ability to add an
address to the list of existing filters, rather than create a new
rule.  Perhaps this could be done via a drop-down menu on Name in the
Filter Rule dialog box, thus giving a choice of where to place the new
the filter.

Gene