[sylpheed:31454] Re: Read Receipt with Sylpheed

Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez rnsanchez at wait4.org
Sat Jun 16 02:52:55 JST 2007

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 17:03:19 +0100
Laurence Darby <ldarby at mips.com> wrote:

> It's called a telephone.    So, Hiro, please consider this a vote not
> to implement this or other idiocy such as Message Disposition
> Notification :)

That won't work as well as sending the read receipt (or any other
MDN).  For instance, the person don't have access to a working
telephone, even though have internet access.  Or, given enough timezone
difference, it is very undesirable to be phoned just to hear "read your
mail, will reply soon, go back to sleep".

As it can be useful for someone, I don't see why strongly reject it.
Just don't use it (as I never used pilot-link or spell check).  :)

Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez                   rnsanchez at wait4.org