[sylpheed:31453] Re: Read Receipt with Sylpheed

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sat Jun 16 02:23:52 JST 2007

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:47:06 +0200
Frank Lanitz <linux at partysoke.de> wrote:

> I'm looking for a option to request a read receipt, but I didn't find
> any. Does Sylpheed support such a feature?

To request one you can simply add a user defined header:

Disposition-Notification-To: [your email address]

Responding to one would take a manual action, though.

I also share the dislike of these return receipts, however
we implemented it in Claws Mail, (previously Sylpheed-Claws),
for both sending and receiving as for some people it is
necessary, (work mails, etc). We also implemented an option
to ignore them completely, so everyone is happy.

best regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickle to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune