[sylpheed:30681] Re: purge/empty folders?

Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez rnsanchez at wait4.org
Sat Jan 6 01:14:07 JST 2007

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 17:01:38 +0100
Günter Grodotzki <guenter at grodotzki.com> wrote:

> > Ctl-A to select everything in the folder, then hit delete.  It comes
> > pretty close to what you're looking for.
> >

> yep, thanks. but I have first to click on one mail inside the folder so it
> will select everything. which makes this to a 6-click solution or 4-click +
> keystroke solution.
>
> something like *rightclick-on-folder* -> empty would be much easier to use
> - especially for mouse-only-users.
>
> or aren't there so many mouse-only-users out here? :)

How about setting up an action?  It would be in the form of a CLI command, in
case you never set up one before.  Also, I think you can even assign a
shortcut to the action, but my GTK knowledge is too basic to elaborate on
this matter.  I believe Sylpheed won't have any problems reconstructing the
folder cache file.

Then it's just a matter of having focus on Sylpheed + your keyboard shortcut
in order to wipe your spam folder.  You won't even need the mouse if your WM
is properly set (which I doubt given your comments :) ).

--
Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez     <rnsanchez@{gmail.com,wait4.org}>