[sylpheed:31992] Re: Sylpheed.2.4.7

Alain eurlix.alain at free.fr
Mon Dec 31 01:24:48 JST 2007

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 22:22:18 +0100
Stefaan A Eeckels <Stefaan.Eeckels at ecc.lu> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 22:16:24 +0100
> Alain <eurlix.alain at free.fr> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 17:28:45 +0100
> > "mr.somewhere" <mr.somewhere at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> > > Hi
> > > The option is till there.
> > > You can use:
> > > Configuration / Préférences générales / (onglet) Détails / (onglet)
> > > Autres / Vider la corbeille en quittant (et option pour confirmer)
> > >
> > > No idea about your other quetion.
> > >

> > Seems that nobody as more ...
> >
> > Other thing : I well have in "configuration/préférences
> > générales/Détails/navigateur web" mozilla-firefox -remote 'openURL(%
> > s,new-window)' but when I click or dobble-click on an url (green) I
> > obtain NOTHING ! This worked well in sylpheed-1.0.4 !
> > (I use now FireFox-2.0.?, for a time)
> > For less than half of one penny, and in fact for nothing, I should go
> > back to 1.0.4, but I don't can retrieve it and sure can't compile it,
> > because the LIBRARIES. For what so complicate and destroy what was
> > working ?
>
> Rest assured that nothing has been destroyed or made more complicated.
> Your assumption is wholly unwarranted, and the way you put it (rather
> accusatory, though that might come from what looks like resorting to
> machine translation of the original French :) doesn't incite replies.
>
> If you compiled sylpheed 2.4.7 yourself something must have gone awry,
> causing the segmentation faults. Alternatively, your machine has a
> hardware problem (signal 11 is often a sign of memory problems).
>
> If you are using a distribution, either try and re-install sylpheed, or
> compile it yourself. Sylpheed compiles without problems (and but a few
> warnings) on modern Linux distributions (as well as on Solaris).
>
> The reason why you don't manage to launch firefox is that your command
> line is incorrect. Firefox is usually called simply "firefox". This is
> easily verified by typing "mozilla-firefox" in a shell window. You
> should get a message to the extend that the program cannot be found.
> Then try with "firefox".
>
> Take care,
>
> --
> Stefaan A Eeckels

Hello Stefaan,

Not sure I understand all you write (my english is very poor) but I can certify that I understand the sense.
I can also certify that :
- I have always compiled my-self sylpheed (manies versions),
- I well know what is a signal 11 and I have not had it,
- I pass more time on manies shell-windows than others screens.

With the help of Ricardo I have searched how firefox is now called and supressing "mozilla-" and ... this works well now.
For some others things, like to have the numbers of mails, I have found my self, but this was automatic with sylpheed-1.x or above.

I don't know from where come "mozilla-firefox", wraisemblably from my old sylpheed-parameters and it is true that if firefox has changes is name, sylpheed is not gulty.

I give the french translation of messages because, at less, the french users can understand of what I said : if I try to reverse from french to english (I absolutly don't know japanese) nobody can understand.

I'm really sorry, so you can smile ^-)

Regards,
--
Alain <eurlix.alain at free.fr>