[sylpheed:31991] Re: Sylpheed.2.4.7

Stefaan A Eeckels Stefaan.Eeckels at ecc.lu
Thu Dec 27 06:22:18 JST 2007

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 22:16:24 +0100
Alain <eurlix.alain at free.fr> wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 17:28:45 +0100
> "mr.somewhere" <mr.somewhere at yahoo.fr> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 17:16:26 +0100
> > Alain <eurlix.alain at free.fr> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello all and specially Hiroyuki Yamamoto,

> > > Changing my PC, because the old is die, I have installed
> > > Sylpheed-2.4.7 and have some regrets. Some things works worse
> > > with 2.4.7 than with 1.0.4 and somethings have disappeared,
> > > specially "empty the waster basket on quit" (translation from
> > > french). Ok, I can make this by hand, if I remember ...
> > >
> > > If some one have an idea, thanks in advance.
> > >
> > > best regards,
> > > --
> > > Alain <eurlix.alain at free.fr>
> >
> > Hi
> > The option is till there.
> > You can use:
> > Configuration / Préférences générales / (onglet) Détails / (onglet)
> > Autres / Vider la corbeille en quittant (et option pour confirmer)
> >
> > No idea about your other quetion.
> >

> Seems that nobody as more ...
>
> Other thing : I well have in "configuration/préférences
> générales/Détails/navigateur web" mozilla-firefox -remote 'openURL(%
> s,new-window)' but when I click or dobble-click on an url (green) I
> obtain NOTHING ! This worked well in sylpheed-1.0.4 !
> (I use now FireFox-2.0.?, for a time)
> For less than half of one penny, and in fact for nothing, I should go
> back to 1.0.4, but I don't can retrieve it and sure can't compile it,
> because the LIBRARIES. For what so complicate and destroy what was
> working ?

Rest assured that nothing has been destroyed or made more complicated.
Your assumption is wholly unwarranted, and the way you put it (rather
accusatory, though that might come from what looks like resorting to
machine translation of the original French :) doesn't incite replies.

If you compiled sylpheed 2.4.7 yourself something must have gone awry,
causing the segmentation faults. Alternatively, your machine has a
hardware problem (signal 11 is often a sign of memory problems).

If you are using a distribution, either try and re-install sylpheed, or
compile it yourself. Sylpheed compiles without problems (and but a few
warnings) on modern Linux distributions (as well as on Solaris).

The reason why you don't manage to launch firefox is that your command
line is incorrect. Firefox is usually called simply "firefox". This is
easily verified by typing "mozilla-firefox" in a shell window. You
should get a message to the extend that the program cannot be found.
Then try with "firefox".

Take care,

--
Stefaan A Eeckels