[sylpheed:31955] Re: Disable keyboard shortcuts?

Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez rnsanchez at wait4.org
Thu Dec 6 03:00:58 JST 2007

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 09:25:18 -0800
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:

> I type at about 50 words per minute. When the e-mail I was working on
> disappeared I remember seeing two things happening. It was so fast that
> I can't say exactly what happened, except that probably the first
> incorrect keypress was whatever the shortcut is for discarding the
> e-mail, and the second was probably the enter key confirming deletion.

The only way I could reproduce something like this was by hitting ctrl-w
followed by leftalt-w.  Nothing else I pressed did what you described
(even pressing all keys simultaneously with a tablet).  (I'm not trying
to contradict you, only understand what really happened.)

> I still want to turn off the shortcut keys. If at least I can disable
> or remove the shortcut for discarding the e-mail I won't lose any more
> e-mails.

You can use the mouse to highlight each of the options in the compose
window, and hit backspace to remove the shortcut.  You could also edit
~/.sylpheed-2.0/menurc while Sylpheed is not running.

Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez                   rnsanchez at wait4.org