[sylpheed:31954] Re: Disable keyboard shortcuts?

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at peoplepc.com
Thu Dec 6 02:47:40 JST 2007

John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:

>I type at about 50 words per minute. When the e-mail I was working on
>disappeared I remember seeing two things happening. It was so fast that
>I can't say exactly what happened, except that probably the first
>incorrect keypress was whatever the shortcut is for discarding the
>e-mail, and the second was probably the enter key confirming deletion.
>
>As for crashing, no it did not crash. Just the compose window
>disappeared. The main program window was still running. In fact, it is
>still running as I write this, as I have not turned off the computer.
>
>I still want to turn off the shortcut keys. If at least I can disable
>or remove the shortcut for discarding the e-mail I won't lose any more
>e-mails.

Unless there's some undocumented keystroke combo that closes everything
cold - Hiro? - I have to wonder if you don't have a keystroke
application installed, perhaps from the past, that is causing this.
Alt-F4 and Ctl-W are the closers, but they seem to prompt w/o fail.
There is a setting in Common Prefs>Details for prompting on closing,
but that's for the whole application.

Gene