[sylpheed:31943] Re: (refreshed)feature request for path for saving attachments

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at peoplepc.com
Sat Dec 1 01:58:24 JST 2007

Cristian Secară <orice at secarica.ro> wrote:

>I remember that some time ago someone asked about the possibility to
>be able to change or specify the path for saving attachment(s), or
>something like that (it was related to Win32 version, perhaps).
>Today, in Win32, the save menu always defaults to the user documents
>directory ('My Documents" in WinXP, "Documents" in WinVista). I also
>know that some time ago I read about the reason for this decision, as
>being related to some Microsoft recommendation to developers.
>
>I like to renew the requst, for having some preference options
>available. In my opinon that should be:
>- user documents folder (like today)
>- user specified (a fixed location)
>- last used folder for this operation

That was probably me who asked.  I don't know the percentage of Windows
users who stick to the default MS file structure (My Documents) vs.
developing their own, but I would guess that the population of Sylpheed
Win32 users is much more weighted toward the latter. The changes you
suggest would be most welcome.

Gene Goldenfeld