[sylpheed:31225] I think I've got it.

Jeffrey Needle jeff.needle at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 01:47:04 JST 2007

First, a question.  When I view a newsgroup, I sent the "View" option
to "Unread."  But this setting does not persist between sessions.  It
always goes back to "All."  Why doesn't this choice persist?

Now, to my insight. When I select "Unread" in the view options, it
seems that Sylpheed has to search through thousands of news posts to
find the next unread post.  My experience -- the larger the bank of
news articles, the slower Sylpheed is in finding the next unread
message.

Is there a way to delete the headers and have Sylpheed start with a
blank database for each newsgroup?

Thanks again.

Jeffrey Needle
jeff.needle at gmail.com