[sylpheed:31222] Re: Interested user questions

Jeff Needle jeff.needle at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 01:08:34 JST 2007

> On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 17:53:24 -0400, malkajef wrote:
>
>> 4. How does it compare with Thunderbird for email and 40tude Dialog
>> for newsgroups? Strong points vs. weak points.
>
> One of my problem with Sylpheed is that it lacks the "mark as read
> after x seconds" option. As far as I remember TB has this option
> implemented.
> I consider this to be a major lack.
>
> As for the newsgroup delay, I suspect that Sylpheed gets the whole
> bunch of messages from a given newsgroup, whereas other clients are
> getting only the headers.
>
> Cristi

It doesn't appear that this is true.  The headers come in quite quickly.
Press the down-arrow to highlight the next header, and you can wait from one
to four seconds before the highlight even moves!  It's doing something
during that wait.  I'm guessing it's getting the body of the news message
from the server.

Jeffrey Needle
jeff.needle at gmail.com