[sylpheed:31218] Re: Interested user questions

Cristian Secară orice at secarica.ro
Sun Apr 29 17:51:36 JST 2007

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 17:53:24 -0400, malkajef wrote:

> 4. How does it compare with Thunderbird for email and 40tude Dialog
> for newsgroups? Strong points vs. weak points.

One of my problem with Sylpheed is that it lacks the "mark as read
after x seconds" option. As far as I remember TB has this option
implemented.
I consider this to be a major lack.

As for the newsgroup delay, I suspect that Sylpheed gets the whole
bunch of messages from a given newsgroup, whereas other clients are
getting only the headers.

Cristi