[sylpheed:31217] Re: Ack? What's this?

Cristian Secară orice at secarica.ro
Sun Apr 29 17:38:43 JST 2007

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 21:18:00 -0400, Jeffrey Needle wrote:

> My experience has been that portable apps don't store anything
> outside the application folder itself.

I'm not sure what type of "portable" Sylpheed is considered to be.
A proper application should store the application data independently for
each user, except if explicitly required (configured) to share a common
data resource. Also the application itself may run on different
operating systems, but share the same application data area (local or
network).

Perhaps you should configure the mailbox (i.e. messages data) to be
physically located in your portable device.

Also, at least on Windows, once the application was once installed
(using the installer version), each subsequent update may be done by
simply overwriting the old files (using the .zip archive version).

Cristi